- Click on Sparky above to go to NFPA Website
Parents, Educators and Students
Fire Prevention Week 2020 is October 4-10. The Nevada Department of Public Safety, State Fire Marshal Division, is proud and excited to hold its 4th annual poster contest. Winners of four categories will have their artwork featured on billboards statewide.
This year, as some schools are being held Online, the State Fire Marshal Division will be accepting submissions directly from schools and parents.
The 2020 theme for Fire Prevention Week is: "Serve Up Fire Safety in the Kitchen!"
Information about the theme is available at http://www.nfpa.org/public-education/campaigns/fire-prevention-week
Contest contact: Danny Brennan at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call (775) 684-7526.
Poster Contest Rules
- Applicants - four categories:
- Elementary Levels; 1st through 4th Grades
- Elementary Levels; 5th and 6th Grades
- Middle School
- High School
- Artwork must reflect the National Fire Protection Association's (NFPA) 2020 National Fire Prevention Week theme.
- The theme must be depicted visually and created using media such as acrylics, watercolor, pencils, charcoal, magic markers, crayons, and pastels. Digitally produced images, collages, cut-outs, and stamping will not be eligible for consideration.
- The finished poster must measure 8 ½ x 14 inches.
- The poster must be submitted with:
- a description of the poster - name, grade level, school of artists written legibly or typed and affixed to the back of the poster.
- Posters must be submitted to the Nevada State Fire Marshal Division by September 30, 2020.
Nevada State Fire Marshal Division
Attn: 2020 Fire Prevention Poster Contest
107 Jacobsen Way
Carson City, Nevada 89711
- Winners will be selected from each of the four categories, and their posters placed on billboards across Nevada.
- Each winner will receive a plaque from the Nevada State Fire Marshal Division and recognition by the National Fire Protection Association.
Ownership of Entries
The submitted artwork (originals and copies) become the property of the Nevada State Fire Marshal Division. They will be displayed at the Carson City State Fire Marshal's Office and community outreach events as determined by the same entities and posted on billboards.
Artwork may be used in publications, exhibits, displays, and websites, as determined by the Nevada State Fire Marshal. The artwork will be submitted to the media and may be published.
Good luck to all participants!