HAZMAT Reporting and Permitting Requirements - Who must report?

Who must report?

Any person who stores, transports on-site, dispenses, uses or handles hazardous materials in excess of the amount listed in the International Fire Code, 2006 Edition, Chapter 1 and Chapter 27 is required to report chemicals and obtain a SFM hazardous materials permit.

    Any facility required by U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations to prepare or maintain a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), including those who store extremely hazardous substances EPA List of Lists is required to report those chemicals.

      *The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Hazard Communication Standard places the burden of determining what chemicals are covered under Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know requirements on the manufacturers or importers.*